Monday, June 11, 2012

Buontalenti Grotto (in the Boboli)





I've been to the Boboli Garden just a couple times, so each time I go I see things I've not yet encountered.  Today, while trying to find my way back to our class meeting spot, I happened upon this grotto.  It's not really functioning any longer--chicken wire pulled over the opening--but I am intrigued with all the odd accretions spilling over everything.  My students and I are talking a lot about keeping our eyes open to all that intrigues us visually (and getting those things down in our sketchbooks!) in order to better understand who we are as artists.  These crazy, fake/real (?) pilings of statuary are my notable vision of the morning.

1 comment:

  1. Blending the 'natural' with something designed.... Very interesting!

    ReplyDelete