Friday, June 1, 2012

The first bites of Florence

On our communal first night in Firenze we all ate outside at I Tarocchi--sharing delicious pizzas and salads. Ever since my grad school days when I first learned the joys of basil and gorgonzola toppings at this very same pizzeria, I Tarocchi has been a Florentine favorite. Last time the four (Barbara, Chris, Dave and I) of us ate here in 2007 Alex wasn't old enough to join Barbara and Chris on the trip. This time he made up for his earlier absence, while Jamie flirted with and wooed a table of German women sitting nearby, then nonchalantly went back to chewing a map of Florence. All in a night's work!

On all fronts (I suspect)...the promise of things to come during our month-long adventure in Italy.

Super spicy tomato and mozzarella with vino della casa.

Alex gives his seal of approval.

Radicchio, proscuitto and mozzarella pizza.

 Bufala mozzarella, tomato and basil, like the traditional pizza margherita, but better!

Eggplant, gorgonzola, tomato sauce pizza.

2 comments:

  1. It all looks wonderful, especially the faces of the young lads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look at this and I just get hungry...
    Bravo!

    ReplyDelete